Club Tread Walk Rating Scheme
- Walks are on smooth terrain - asphalt, concrete or well used paths,
otherwise the event is considered a hike. Terrain is therefore not a
factor in calculating ratings for walks.
- Walk ratings are derived with regard to the distance of the walk and whether or not there are hills.
- Participants on Club walks are not required to wear hiking boots - they may use sneakers or other suitable walking footwear.
- The rating of a walk is indicated by sneaker icons, generally with
a maximum of 4 although the rating scheme could be modified to derive
higher ratings for longer events.
- Additional features such as "fast-paced," "scavenger hunt," "bakery tour," etc. should be added as text on the Club schedule.
- The following template should be used to derive sneaker ratings for walks.
Note: Scores below are for walks on relatively flat terrain. Add 1
sneaker to any walking event where there are hills to climb.