Club Tread's RSS Feeds
The Club Tread website now supports a new way of keeping up to date
with club news and events. This information can now be accessed via
what is known as an RSS feed. RSS stands for "Really Simple
Syndication" and it allows you to keep informed without actually having
to visit the club's website.
Accessing RSS Feeds
Accessing an RSS feed is just like podcasting, in that you subscribe to
a feed. The difference between RSS feeds and podcast feeds is that you
receive text content instead of audio content.
There are a number of ways you can access an RSS feed. You can use:
- Browser add-ins. FireFox has several add-ons to support RSS feeds, your webmaster's favourite is InfoRSS.
- Browser based readers.
- Dedicated programs. Versions exist for:
- Desktop dashboards such as KlipFolio (use the Club Tread klip to access the website changes feed).
- EMail Clients - Various email clients offer the ability to read RSS feeds, check your program's documentation or website.
- Hand held devices.
The following Club Tread RSS feeds are available:
- http://clubtread.org/schedule.php?format=rss&updated=7 for recent changes to the event schedule. This feed provides information on events that have been added, canceled or updated within the past week.
- http://clubtread.org/clubinfo_rss.php for recent changes to the website (only reports the last schedule update date). This feed will provide information on:
- Any current executive announcements,
- Any notices for meetings within the next week (executive and/or planning meetings plus committee meetings if added to the site),
- The date the schedule was last updated,
- Any significant changes to the website in the last 3 weeks.